Tuesday, February 14, 2012

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

I think Valentine's day is such a lovely day.  So far mine in particular has been pretty delightful.  Lately I have been quite busy (not complaining!) so I wasn't able to do as much as I wanted to, but I did squeeze in a few projects for some of the wonderful people that I love.  This year my husband and I are celebrating our first married Valentine's Day so I wanted to do something extra special for him.  I decided to letter the e.e. cummings poem that we read at our wedding and have it printed for him.  Here is a smaller version of the poster:  
I also did a few smaller valentines to send through regular old snail mail (which is my absolute favorite...I mean who doesn't love getting mail?!)  I found a pack of beautiful Rifle Paper Co. postcards so I just spiced them up a little with some lettering and some vintage postage.  I only had a handful, so if you didn't get one it doesn't mean I don't love you.  

My last fun Valentine's project was something for my good friend Kelly.  This year instead of sending out a Christmas card, she and her husband Seth decided to send out Valentine's cards to all of their friends and family (how flipping cute!).  She asked me to letter a verse for them to put on their card and of course I happily obliged.  



That's all for now.  Happy Valentine's Day to all!




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment